Monday, June 29, 2015

Dear Girl,

When you love yourself, nothing can bother you.
When you are truly content and happy, nothing can phase you.
When you have reached your goals and set new ones, you can never be jealous.
When you're complete with your journey you will be a new you.


I hated the way I looked for so long but now I am trying to truly embrace myself the way I was born. Before, I kept telling myself, " if I loose a few pounds I'll look so much better. I'll feel so much better"
I no longer want to strive for that; while there is nothing wrong with loosing a few pounds and working out frequently, I don't want that to be the reason why I like myself.
I want to accept myself at the size I'm at now. Size 12 sometimes 14. Size jiggly arms and belly chub; Size thighs rub together and squishy arms. 
And even if I work out and loose those aspects of myself, I wanna still love myself.
I'm on a journey to love myself no matter how I look. To no longer cringe in the mirror when I wear a strapless dress or shorts.

This post is special to me because I am showing a part of my body I have been hiding since I can remember. Even in the summer time I covered my arms, but its too hot for that shit now. I've went out with my arms exposed 3 times last week and I realized, nobody cared how the fuck my arms looked. So here's my message to you the struggling individual who is on their own path to self acceptance: nobody cares how you look.  Nobody genuinely cares that you have arm chub, or belly rolls, or that your legs rub together. They're probably not paying attention and if someone says something mean to you, remember they are being petty to try and get a reaction out of you because they feel insecure. Everyone has mean thoughts from time to time, that doesn't mean you say it out loud.




Here's me embracing my big arms... and cute ass outfit










Dress: Forever21 (similar with bra already there!)
Bra: Vintage (similar
Shoes: Conways (similar)
Socks: Payless (exact)
Necklace: Vintage (similar






E.L Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment